Hive >> mail # user >> Re: SemanticException Line 1:17 issue

Re: SemanticException Line 1:17 issue
Thanks for your help Nitin, here is what it displays:

satish@ubuntu:~/work/hadoop-1.0.4/bin$ $HADOOP_HOME/bin/hadoop dfs -ls /tmp/
Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.
Found 3 items

drwxr-xr-x   - satish supergroup          0 2013-03-05 04:12 /tmp/hive-satish
-rw-r--r--   1 satish supergroup        654 2013-03-04 02:41 /tmp/states.txt
drwxr-xr-x   - satish supergroup          0 2013-02-16 00:46 /tmp/temp-1850940621

I have done a search for the file states.txt and it refers to 3 places 2 of em refer to
proc/2693/cwd

but none of them refer to tmp folder.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
In the meantime i will try with the [LOCAL] file and let you know.

Thanks
Sai