Hadoop, mail # general - Hadoop 0.22/HBase 0.92 package repos are now available

Hadoop 0.22/HBase 0.92 package repos are now available
Roman Shaposhnik 2011-09-28, 00:13
For all those of you who would want to help with testing
Hadoop 0.22 release, I've setup a job on Bigtop to
produce an entire Hadoop stack on top of 0.22.

The good news is that it is now super simple to give it
all a spin. If you are on Ubuntu/Debian you can try:
   $ cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d
   $ sudo wget -O bigtop.list
http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-hadoop22-ubuntu-lucid/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/output/bigtop.list
   $ sudo apt-get update
   $ sudo apt-get install 'hadoop*' 'hbase*'
and if you're on RedHat/CentOS:
   $ cd /etc/yum.repos.d/
   $ sudo wget -O bigtop.repo
http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-hadoop22-centos5/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/output/bigtop.repo
   $ yum install 'hadoop*' 'hbase*'

The bad news is that so far we only have HBase compiling against .22
and the Hadoop itself seems to be in need of some tweaks. E.g.:

That said, after manually patching /usr/lib/hadoop/bin/hdfs and doing:
  # for i in /etc/init.d/hadoop-* ; do $i start ; done

I now have Hadoop 0.22 and HBase 0.92 to play with!

Thanks,
Roman.