Hadoop >> mail # user >> rack awarness unexpected behaviour

+
Marc Sturlese 2013-08-22, 07:41
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-08-22, 08:21
+
Marc Sturlese 2013-08-22, 08:29
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-08-22, 08:57
+
Marc Sturlese 2013-08-22, 09:20
Re: rack awarness unexpected behaviour
I'm not aware of a bug in 0.20.2 that would not honor the Rack
Awareness, but have you done the two below checks as well?

1. Ensuring JT has the same rack awareness scripts and configuration
so it can use it for scheduling, and,
2. Checking if the map and reduce tasks are being evenly spread across
both racks.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Marc Sturlese <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm on cdh3u4 (0.20.2), gonna try to read a bit on this bug

Harsh J
+
Michel Segel 2013-08-22, 10:57
+