Zookeeper, mail # user - Distributed ZooKeeper cluster design

Re: Distributed ZooKeeper cluster design
Ted Dunning 2011-12-13, 14:05
Which option is preferred really depends on your needs.

Those needs are likely to vary in read/write ratios, resistance to network
and so on.  You should also consider the possibility of observers in the
remote locations.  You might also consider separate ZK clusters in each
location with a special process to send mirrors of changes to these other
locations.

A complete and detailed answer really isn't possible without knowing the
details of your application.  I generally don't like distributing a ZK
cluster across distant hosts because it makes everything slower and more
delicate, but I have heard of examples where that is exactly the right
answer.