HBase, mail # user - Using doubles and longs as ordering row values

Using doubles and longs as ordering row values
Jonathan Bishop 2012-11-05, 18:41
Hi,

In my application my row values are doubles. I would like my scans to
traverse the rows in order of increasing values.

But if I simply use

double d  = ....
byte[] row = Bytes.toBytes(d);

I will get an ordering which is based on the byte values of doubles, not on
the value of the doubles themselves.

I see also that integer values have the same issue due to the first bit
being the sign bit. So negative values will come after positive values.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon
+