HBase >> mail # user >> Announcing KijiSchema for HBase schema management

+
Aaron Kimball 2012-11-14, 22:18
+
Asaf Mesika 2012-11-15, 05:58
+
Aaron Kimball 2012-11-15, 18:25
+
Asaf Mesika 2012-11-15, 19:19
+
Lee Sheng 2012-11-15, 23:57
Re: Announcing KijiSchema for HBase schema management
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
在 2012-11-15 AM6:19,"Aaron Kimball" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>写道:

> HBase fans,
>
> I’m writing to announce the first release of KijiSchema, a new project to
> help developers build applications on HBase. You can download it at
> www.kiji.org. It is open source and published under the Apache 2 license.
>
> KijiSchema simplifies the development of applications on HBase by
providing
> developer-friendly Java APIs for storing and managing typed data using
Avro.

> As an application grows, developers can gracefully evolve the application
> schema at the cell level to handle new fields. These features are
> particularly well suited for entity-centric data schemas where all
> information about a given entity, including dimensional and transaction
> data, is encoded within the same row.
>
> Column names and associations of columns with schemas are maintained in a
> data dictionary; developers don’t need to rely on reading source code to
> remember where data is stored.
>
> Table schemas can be defined in JSON or by using KijiSchema’s declarative
> DDL. Developers can also easily run MapReduce over Kiji tables in HBase
> using included MR Input- and OutputFormats.
>
> KijiSchema is an open and highly modular system. It runs on top of an
> existing HBase 0.92 (CDH4) cluster, and can be run entirely on the client
> with no server-side daemons. KijiSchema can also be downloaded as part of
> Kiji BentoBox, which provides a clean install of a mini-cluster of Hadoop,
> HBase and Kiji on your laptop in under 15 min. You do not need to have
> Hadoop or HBase pre-installed to run the BentoBox.
>
> KijiSchema is inspired by work we have done at WibiData developing
> applications for recommendations and personalization on top of HBase. We
> will be developing and releasing other components into the Kiji project to
> provide additional functionality enabling easy development of data
> applications on HBase, including improvements for MapReduce support and
> querying tools. We welcome feedback and contributions from the community
> the Kiji Project at www.kiji.org.
>
> Regards,
> - Aaron Kimball
+