Kafka >> mail # user >> Keeping messages forever?

Re: Keeping messages forever?
Currently, we don't support -1 as TTL. However, you can put an arbitrarily
large value there. The implication is that if you data keeps growing,
eventually the broker runs out of storage and will shut itself down.
Another problem is that currently we keep the file handle of each log
segment open. So, at some point, the broker will run out of file handles.

Thanks,

Jun