Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Can ZK be used for my use case?

+
Tavi 2013-09-05, 14:36
+
Martin Kou 2013-09-06, 03:53
+
Rakesh R 2013-09-06, 05:30
+
Tavi 2013-09-19, 19:44
+
Rakesh R 2013-09-20, 08:17
RE: Can ZK be used for my use case?
Hi everyone, :)

I will try to respond at your questions :

" status.data.xml... the concept of this file ..."

- it will contains specific information's which is applied for a specific
client:
- current version number (ex: 2.0.12)
- a few specific  variables, which can be changed by the leader, used by
the client when he will process his downloaded data from the FTP (ex: region
number: 24, const_1: 3.4234,  const_2: 3% ... and so on). Theirs values are
not version specific.
- After each successful treatment on the client side, the client will write
back, in the same file the date when a specific version was treated (see
<updates_status>).

<current_version release_date="2014-06-01">2.0.12</current_version >
< variables>
<item name="region">24</item>
<item name="const_1">3.4234</item>
<item name="const_2">3%</item>
              </variables >
<updates_status>
<version nb="2.0.12" status="ok" date="2014-07-05" />
<version nb="2.0.12" status="err" date="2014-06-05">
<errMsg> ... Some FTP Exception ...</errMsg>
</version>
<version nb="2.0.11" status="ok" date="2014-05-05" />
<version nb="2.0.10" status="ok" date="2014-03-05" />
</updates_status>

The leader will collect all the " updates_status" information, from each
client and he will transfer it in a database to be handled by a main
"application manager".

"why give the leader the task of creating the
/application_1/A_group/client_a1 "
The leader is my  "Orchestra Conductor" he must decide when a client can be
activated (a new node is created), or when it is disables (the node is
deleted) ...

Of course, I will have some logic to purge all unnecessary information or
nodes, for the moment I'm in a preliminary analysis so I'm a little bit
lower that a "bird view"  :).

I really appreciate your time,

My best regards,
   Tavi