Bigtop >> mail # user >> BinSedesTuple: Pig Smokes

+
Jay Vyas 2013-08-28, 19:50
Re: BinSedesTuple: Pig Smokes
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Jay Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Also, I guess bigtop will not curate its own pigsmokes, but use the pig/
> projects smoke tests forthe forseeable future?

Yup -- that has been the plan all along.  Basically the strategy we're
trying to pursue with all of the projects is to convince them that it is
useful to write system tests (that they write anyway -- those are not
'unit' tests in a strict sense) that can be executed either against a
MiniDFS/MiniMR or a real cluster.

Apache Pig has been very nice to us that way.

Thanks,
Roman.
+
Mark Grover 2013-08-28, 21:53