Bigtop >> mail # user >> Question on bigtop-deploy/vm/boxgrinder

Re: Question on bigtop-deploy/vm/boxgrinder
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 04:17PM, Jay Vyas wrote:
> hmmm .. so maybe im missing something.  could you tell me what is the
> purpose of the boxgrinder stuff ?what do you mean by "the first run"?
> sorry if the questions are a little primitive but i think im not clear on
> what the hdfs dependency is.

By 'first run' I refer to the first execution of a VM generated from
bigtop_hadoop.appl description.

HDFS system needs to have certain structure in place so the service on top of
it - e.g. YARN (which you incorrectly refer to as mr2) - can be executed
successfully.

Does it make the picture clearer?
  Cos