MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop upgrade

Re: Hadoop upgrade
Hi,

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Viswanathan J
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are planning to upgrade our production hdfs cluster from 1.0.4 to 1.2.1
>
> So if I directly upgrade the cluster, it won't affect the edits, fsimage and
> checkpoints?

Yes, an upgrade won't affect those.

> Also after upgrade is it will read the blocks, files from the data nodes
> properly?

Yes.

> Is the version id conflict occurs with NN?

Not sure what you mean, but there shouldn't be a problem as long as
all service nodes and client nodes are upgraded to the same version.

> Do I need lose the data after upgrade?

You won't lose data after an upgrade.

--
Harsh J