HDFS >> mail # user >> Error on datanode

+
Martinus Martinus 2012-01-31, 05:54
+
Harsh J 2012-01-31, 05:56
Re: Error on datanode
Hi Harsh,

When I typed in bin/hadoop jar hadoop-examples-1.0.0.jar wordcount input
output, it just keep hanging and didn't stop. and the log is from the DN
when I running the job.

Thanks.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Did this also lead to a task/job failure, or did you just notice the
> log on the DN after running a job?
>
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Martinus Martinus
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have my hadoop clusters running with 1 master and 6 slaves, and when I
> run
> > bin/hadoop jar hadoop-examples-1.0.0.jar wordcount input output, I got
> the
> > following error message from my slave datanode logs :
> >
> > java.net.SocketTimeoutException: 63000 millis timeout while waiting for
> > channel to be ready for connect. ch :
> > java.nio.channels.SocketChannel[connection-pending
> > remote=/172.16.2.145:50010]
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketIOWithTimeout.connect(SocketIOWithTimeout.java:213)
> >     at org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.connect(NetUtils.java:656)
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiver.writeBlock(DataXceiver.java:319)
> >     at
> >
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataXceiver.run(DataXceiver.java:107)
> >     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
> >
> > Would anyone be so kindly to help me on this?
> >
> > Thanks.
>

> --
> Harsh J
> Customer Ops. Engineer, Cloudera