Hadoop >> mail # user >> RE: Jobs are still in running state after executing "hadoop job -kill jobId"

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 10:05 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Um kill  -9 "pid" ?

This happens sometimes. A task gets orphaned from the Task Tracker and never
goes away. It is a good idea to have a nagios check for very old tasks
because the orphans slowly such your memory away especially if the task
launches with a big Xmx. You really *should not* need to be nuking tasks
like this but occasionally it happens.

Edward