Hadoop >> mail # user >> Basic Question

Basic Question
In Mapper I often use a Global Text object and througout the map processing
I just call "set" on it. My question is, what happens if collector receives
similar byte array value. Does the last one overwrite the value in
collector? So if I did

Text zip = new Text();
zip.set("9099");
collector.write(zip,value);
zip.set("9099");
collector.write(zip,value1);

Should I expect to receive both values in reducer or just one?
+
Harsh J 2012-08-07, 18:33
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-08-07, 18:45