HBase, mail # user - memory leak

+
Yusup Ashrap 2012-11-21, 03:45
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-21, 04:07
+
宗丹 2012-11-21, 05:19
+
Yusup Ashrap 2012-11-21, 05:21
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-11-21, 05:33
+
Yusup Ashrap 2012-11-21, 05:52
+
宗丹 2012-11-21, 05:51
+
Stack 2012-11-21, 05:52
+
Yusup Ashrap 2012-11-21, 06:05
Re: memory leak
Stack 2012-11-21, 07:30
On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Yusup Ashrap <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>Can you upgrade your hbase?  This is an old version.  What version of
>>hadoop are you running?
>
> it's in production environment, and we could not take upgrading as an
> option for now.
> hadoop version is 0.20.2

Does your hadoop support append/sync?
>>I've not used this tool before.  Its output includes that of the JVM
>>itself which would tend to occlude any picture of what hbase is doing
>>inside in the JVM.
>
> any perf tools or ways  to recommend to detect memory leak?

Yeah, there is a whole industry of tools for looking at running apps.
You could try the profiler in eclipse or one of the commercial tools.
>>Are you OOMEing?
> nope,and I cant still see a Full Gc coming from gc log file.and I don't
> have any particular exceptions in regionserver log file.

So, what is the worry?  You are using CMS?  It carries lots of
garbage.   If you are really concerned, then maybe dump a heap -- this
can take a while to write if your heap is large and you will freeze
the daemon while the heap is being written (be sure you write the heap
to a place that has space) -- and use one of the aforementioned tools
to inspect it.
+
Yusup Ashrap 2012-11-21, 08:16
+