Accumulo, mail # user - Can I pre-create tablets?

+
David Medinets 2012-12-31, 18:17
+
Eric Newton 2012-12-31, 18:24
Re: Can I pre-create tablets?
David Medinets 2012-12-31, 18:37
My mistake... The command I used was "addsplits 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc..."
and, of course, I should have used a space between split values.
Accumulo is working fine. This was a user error.

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm confused.
>

>> I created a table with 100 splits.
>
>  OK
>>
>> However, at the
>> start of the job, there was just one tablet.
>
> ?
>>
>> Is there a way to pre-create the tablets so
>> I can have 100 tablets accepting entries from the start of the
>> map-reduce job?
>

> So, you created a table with splits, then you didn't have have multiple
> tablets?
>
> Did you read from a split tablet and output to a new table?
>
> Or are all your tablets sitting on one tablet server?
>
> The current load balancer isn't terribly aggressive about moving new splits
> off to other servers.
>
> One way to work around this problem is to create the table, with splits,
> offline the table and bring it online again.  That will spread them around
> pretty fast.
>
> -Eric

+
Josh Elser 2012-12-31, 18:23