MapReduce >> mail # user >> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/v2/app/MRAppMaste

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/v2/app/MRAppMaste
Hi,

While running MR Jobs over a yarn cluster I  keep on getting:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/v2/app/MRAppMaster
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster
Could not find the main class: org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster.  Program will exit.

My client is running from a different environment from where the cluster is running.
If I submit a job from the cluster environment; it runs successfully.

I have verified the property yarn.application.classpath before submitting it from the client. The value is set to:
$HADOOP_CONF_DIR,$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/*,$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/lib/*,$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/*,$HADOOP_HDFS_HOME/lib/*,$HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME/*,$HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME/lib/*,$YARN_HOME/*,$YARN_HOME/lib/*

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Cheers,
Subroto Sanyal