HBase >> mail # dev >> HFilePerformanceEvaluation: Nothing follows logic

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-27, 12:32
+
Ted 2013-02-27, 12:38
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-27, 12:40
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-27, 13:18
Re: HFilePerformanceEvaluation: Nothing follows logic
Thanks for your quick action.

I think the third option is better - we get performance comparison without repeating the test.

Cheers

On Feb 27, 2013, at 5:18 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just opened HBASE-7953. Can you please take a look at it?
>
> There was 3 ways to fix that.
>
> 1) Simply exit the loop when scanner.next() return false
> 2) Exit the loop and restart the test
> 3) Count the number of scanner.next() effectively done and measure
> performances based on that and not on the ROW_COUNT value.
>
> I chose the 2nd one, but maybe there is some preferences for the 3rd one?
>
> JM
>
> 2013/2/27 Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>> Yep, I will open one and submit (and not commit ;) ) a patch.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> JM
>>
>> 2013/2/27 Ted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>> Looks like a bug.