Hadoop >> mail # general >> Re: [DISCUSS] stabilizing Hadoop releases wrt. downstream

+
Luke Lu 2013-02-27, 19:03
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-03-02, 03:52
+
Chris Embree 2013-02-27, 02:52
+
Ted Yu 2013-03-07, 23:29
Re: [DISCUSS] stabilizing Hadoop releases wrt. downstream
Matt,

Could you also update HowToReleasePostMavenization or ping me when you
made your update and I will update it to match.

Thanks,
Tom

On 3/8/13 4:16 PM, "Matt Foley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> If future Hadoop RMs would
>> be willing to drop us a note and indicate when the branch
>> is in a shape where Bigtop feedback is ready to be received
>> I think that'll be the best way to proceed.
>

>This info is always broadcast to [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>but I will try to remember to send such a pre-announcement directly
>to Bigtop also.  In fact, I'll modify the HowToRelease instructions to
>incorporate this as a step.
>
>Would you like that to be sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]?
>
>Thanks,
>--Matt
>

>On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> >  Maybe I wasn't clear, apologies, my request is simpler: Can Bigtop
>> validate a Hadoop RC?
>>
>> The short answer to this is -- yes. It would be extremely nice if
>> we don't have to wait till the first official RC but could jump on
>> the branch somewhat sooner. That, of course, would require
>> a higher degree of coordination. If future Hadoop RMs would
>> be willing to drop us a note and indicate when the branch
>> is in a shape where Bigtop feedback is ready to be received
>> I think that'll be the best way to proceed.
>>
>> Do you think this would be a reasonable agreement?
>>
>> On a related subject -- it would be extremely nice if Hadoop
>> community can help us with planning the bill of materials
>> for the future release of Bigtop. Essentially taking a bit
>> of a more active role in yay'ing or nay'ing our version
>> choices. There's a thread on LTS Bigtop releases that
>> Cos started but I think we can only hope to have an LTS
>> if the underlying Hadoop is also LTS'ish.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Roman.

+
Matt Foley 2013-03-09, 00:35