Hadoop, mail # user - conf.setMaxMapAttempts, SkipBadRecords, etc.

Re: conf.setMaxMapAttempts, SkipBadRecords, etc.
Sharad Agarwal 2010-12-25, 12:55
>From the description, it looks like you are unable to set the max map
attempts to 1. This is completely different from Skip bad records feature.
Skip bad records feature let you run the same task by SKIPPING the records;
at which the last attempt failed.

If you are fine with all input records not being processed for a failing
mapper, then you don't need skip records feature. Just need to investigate
why setMaxMapAttempts doesn't work for you.