HBase >> mail # user >> Optimizing Multi Gets in hbase

+
Varun Sharma 2013-02-18, 09:57
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-02-18, 10:49
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-02-18, 10:49
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-02-18, 10:56
Re: Optimizing Multi Gets in hbase
If the scan is happening on the same region then going for Scan would be a
better option.

Regards
RAm

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i) Yes, or, at least, of often yes.
> II) You're right. It's difficult to guess how much it would improve the
> performances (there is a lot of caching effect), but using a single scan
> could be an interesting optimisation imho.
>
> Nicolas
>

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Varun Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to batched get(s) on a cluster. Here is the code:
> >
> > List<Get> gets = ...
> > // Prepare my gets with the rows i need
> > myHTable.get(gets);
> >
> > I have two questions about the above scenario:
> > i) Is this the most optimal way to do this ?
> > ii) I have a feeling that if there are multiple gets in this case, on the
> > same region, then each one of those shall instantiate separate scan(s)
> over
> > the region even though a single scan is sufficient. Am I mistaken here ?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Varun

+
Michael Segel 2013-02-18, 12:52