HBase >> mail # dev >> DISCUSSION: Move to GIT?

Re: DISCUSSION: Move to GIT?
> I'd suggest we maintain the same commit style (straight line rebased
commits per release branch, branches off trunk for major features) after
the move to git as opposed to the github style (lots of branch/merges).

+1 to that as well. Having multiple commits and merge commits per jira will
complicate commit log digging a lot. And we do not care about a patch's
individual history.

Will FB guys ok with this? How does this affect 0.89-fb branch.

Enis