Hive >> mail # dev >> script_broken_pipe1 test failures

script_broken_pipe1 test failures
Hey hive gurus -

Jenkins recently posted to HIVE-3057 about a failed build, and looking
into the issue I discovered "script_broken_pipe1.q" has been causing
test failures for quite some time. In fact, the oldest build at
https://builds.apache.org/job/Hive-trunk-h0.21/ failed due to this
issue.

Running "ant clean package test -Dtestcase=TestNegativeCliDriver
-Dqfile=script_broken_pipe1.q" locally passes, but CI jobs always
fail. Does anyone know what's up with this test?

As someone who's still becoming familiar with the Hive code the test
failures are problematic because all my feature branch CI jobs fail,
making it difficult to understand if my change causes an issue or it
already exists. With tests taking 6+ hours having them fail for
unrelated issues has really slowed down iterating.

Thanks!
Travis