HBase >> mail # user >> Re: HBase dies after some time

Re: HBase dies after some time
Hi,
Sorry for the late post to this thread...

To add what Harsh has to say...

YOU NEVER, NEVER EVER RUN ZK ON THE SAME NODE AS YOUR TTs.

Sorry for shouting but that's a core design rule that shouldn't be broken at all costs.

You would be more stable running one ZK on a control node than you would be running them on the TT/DN nodes.
While a little swap won't kill a Hadoop cluster running just M/R, add HBase and swapping becomes fatal.  This is the core problem w Christian's machine.

Because you can run Hadoop on everything from a VM, single machine to a cluster of 1000+ machines, hardware design is often overlooked and with each major hardware vendor creating their own reference architecture, it gets confusing and you may end up spending $$$ on resources you can't fully take advantage of.