Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: skype meeting on replication roadmap

Re: skype meeting on replication roadmap
I agree it's best to be patient and find a time that works for everyone
who wants to participate.  In my particular case I can do Friday, or
Tuesday-->Friday next week, but not Monday the 9th.

On 01/06/2012 11:31 AM, Jun Rao wrote:
> Joe,
>
> I am ok with moving the meeting to Monday. If nobody objects, how about we
> meet at 2pm PST Monday (Jan 9) instead? This actually will give people a
> bit more time to read the docs and wiki.
>
> Jun
>
> On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Joe Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> so it looks like i need to take my son to a birthday party tonight (my babe
>> daughter is sick wife has to stay home with her)
>>
>> if there is any chance to move this to Monday? (sorry) if not I understand
>> either way let me know
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, everyone,
>>>
>>> So far, the following people have sent me their skype id:
>>>
>>> Joe, David, Jeffrey, and Andrew.
>>>
>>> So the meeting is on. I encourage everyone to look at the design doc in
>>> kafka-50 and the new wire format at
>>>

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/New+Wire+Format+Proposalbefore
>>> the meeting.
>>>
>>> Here is a breakdown of all the jiras and their dependencies related to
>> the
>>> replication work:
>>>
>>> 1. kafka-47: create/delete data structures in ZK, automatically create
>>> topic, and use them (making partitions logical, supporting only 1
>> replica,
>>> no failure support). (L1)
>>>  1.1 kafka-237: create/delete ZK path for a topic in an admin tool (L0)
>>>  1.2 kafka-238: add a getTopicMetaData method in broker and expose it to
>>> producer
>>>  1.3 kafka-239: Wire existing producer and consumer to use the new ZK
>> data
>>> structure
>>> 2. kafka-202: decouple request handler and socket sever; enabling long
>> poll
>>> in the consumer (L1)
>>> 3. kafka-240: implement new producer and consumer request format (L1)
>>> 4. kafka-49: add ack to ProduceRequest (L2). depending on #3
>>> 5. kafka-48: long poll in consumer (L2). depending on #2
>>> 6. kafka-44: commit thread, replica fetcher thread (L3). depending on #1,
>>> #4, #5
>>> 7. kafka-45: broker starting up, leader election (L3). depending on #1
>>> 8. kafka-46: various ZK listeners (L3). depending on #1
>>> 9. kafka-43: move master to preferred replica when possible (L4).
>>> optimization