Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: Locks in HDFS

Re: Locks in HDFS
HDFS does not have such a client-side feature, but your applications
can use Apache Zookeeper to coordinate and implement this on their own
- it can be used to achieve distributed locking. While at ZooKeeper,
also checkout https://github.com/Netflix/curator which makes using it
for common needs very easy.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 5:17 AM, abhishek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Hello,
>
>> How can I impose read lock, for a file in HDFS
>>
>> So that only one user (or) one application , can access file in hdfs at any point of time.
>>
>> Regards
>> Abhi

Harsh J