HBase >> mail # user >> what's the typical scan latency?

Re: what's the typical scan latency?
HBase doesn't know all data are in the block cache. it had to look at
HTable firstly to get "block_id"(tablename + offset), then find it in the
block cache.

so if all data in the block cache, you just avoid to read data from hfile
directly, save some I/O time. but it depends on your data size.
if you always return a large data size, the read performance cannot be
improved.