MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop web interface authentication

Hadoop web interface authentication
Hello all,

I added the following setting  hadoop.http.authentication.simple.anonymous.allowed. Now when I try to login to Web UI, I get 401 error unless I specify user.name=username. This is exactly what I want but I noticed that I can pass any user name and it will work as long as it is not null. What else am I missing from the core-site file to make it work? Also, is there a way I can add a configuration so that a password would be required to get access? I am aware of Kerberos authentication method but I have it configured with Active directory and until I find the correct location of the keytab, I can't use it.

Thanks all.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital
This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.