Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop 2 maturity?

Sqoop 2 maturity?
Hello :)

I've played around with Sqoop 1 a fair while ago (possibly before Apache
incubation) around the time of CDH3u3. There were a few minor kinks at the
time but overall it seemed to be already pretty good and stable at the
time, so I'm assuming Sqoop 1.4.2 can only be a lot better.

I didn't end up needing Sqopp for my use cases after I experimented with it
at the time, but I'm now revisiting it and I just found out Sqoop 2 is in
the works.

I'm now using CDH 4.1.2 and I'm planning to upgrade to the latest (CDH 4.2)
soon, which includes the first release of Sqoop 2 (1.99.1).

I've read the architecture design articles and I think we could benefit
from some of the new capabilities. I've also scoured the last few months of
the (user) mailing list archive but haven't found much discussion regarding
Sqoop 2, besides the
announcement<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/sqoop-user/201212.mbox/%3C20121226063212.GB28520%40jarcec-thinkpad%3E>and
a post saying the Web
UI isn't included<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/sqoop-user/201211.mbox/%3C20121128161809.GE6589%40jarcec-thinkpad%3E>
.

I don't mind not having the Web UI yet, but I want to automate a couple of
Sqoop-based ETL scripts, and if there are any differences between the way
Sqoop 1 and 2 scripts are specified or used, then I'd like to start doing
them the version 2 way, so that my infrastructure is more future proof.

This, of course, is assuming the non-web UI capabilities of Sqoop 2 are
mature enough for general usage.

Can anyone comment on Sqoop 2's maturity?

Should I subscribe to the dev mailing list instead if I'm interested in
Sqoop 2, or is the user list the right place for general (non-dev) related
Sqoop 2 questions?

Thanks a lot guys (and gals?!) !!

--
Felix