Hive >> mail # user >> Fw: need help to write a query that does same as BETWEEN operator

+
Praveenkumar Ch 2012-10-12, 06:40
+
suneel hadoop 2012-10-12, 07:18
+
MiaoMiao 2012-10-12, 07:07
Re: need help to write a query that does same as BETWEEN operator
Hi Praveen

If Between is not supported in your hive version, you can replace Between using < and > . Like

SELECT *FROM account a, timezone.g WHERE a.create_date >= g.start_date AND a.create_date <= g.end_date ;
Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: Praveenkumar Ch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:10:19
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Fw: need help to write a query that does same as BETWEEN operator

Hi I am new to hive and we have a requirement for converting terra-data
queries to hive queries. So i was successful converting them.. so far.....
but now i have a teradata query that has BETWEEN operator in it, i don't
know how to convert using hive equi-joins.. can someone help me??
here is my query:

SELECT *
FROM account a, timezone g
WHERE
a.create_date BETWEEN g.start_date AND g.end_date ;
=====-----=====-----====Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
and any attachments. Thank you