Hadoop >> mail # user >> Externalizing Hadoop configuration files

+
Jing Zang 2011-02-16, 23:06
Re: Externalizing Hadoop configuration files
You need to develop externalization yourself.

Our installer uses place holders such as:
<property>
  <name>fs.checkpoint.dir</name>

<value>dataFolderPlaceHolder/dfs/namesecondary,backupFolderPlaceHolder/namesecondary</value>

They would be resolved at time of deployment.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Jing Zang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> How do I externalize the parameters in hadoop configuration files so make
> it easier for the operations team?. Ideally something like:
> File: mapred-site.xml
> File: hadoop.conf (External to the app)hadoop.mapred=hadoop:9001
> Anything as easy as Spring' sPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer or similar? How
> do you guys externalize the parameters to a configuration file outside the
> app?
> Thanks.
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-02-17, 00:11