HBase >> mail # user >> HBase Types: Explicit Null Support

Re: HBase Types: Explicit Null Support
From the SQL perspective, handling null is important. Phoenix supports
null in the following way:
- the absence of a key value
- an empty value in a key value
- an empty value in a multi part row key
   - for variable length types (VARCHAR and DECIMAL) a null byte
separator would be used if not the last column
   - for fixed width types only the last column is allowed to be null

As you mentioned, it's important to maintain the lexicographical sort
order with nulls being first.