HBase, mail # dev - Closing issues (as opposed to Resolving).

+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-08-31, 17:53
Re: Closing issues (as opposed to Resolving).
Gregory Chanan 2012-08-31, 18:30
If we later figure out that an issue caused a bug (even after a release),
will we be able to mention that in the original JIRA?  I find it useful to
be able to track that, particularly for forward/backport purposes.
Also, can we reopen issues after they have been closed?  If so, what's the
point of closing?

Greg

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Jonathan Hsieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I propose that we close issues after a release is done.
>
> Close is stronger than resolve -- I believe it makes the issue essentially
> read only.  There are many resolved issues from 0.20, 0.89, and 0.90.6 <
> that could be closed, (as well as issues from 0.92.1, and 0.94.1..
>
> This would force discussion on old topics to new jiras and make things a
> little tidier.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Jon.
>
> --