Hadoop, mail # user - FileSystem iterative or limited alternative to listStatus()

FileSystem iterative or limited alternative to listStatus()
John Lilley 2014-01-11, 23:52
Is there an HDFS file system method for listing a directory contents iteratively, or at least stopping at some limit?  We have an application in which the user can type wildcards, which our app expands.  However, during interactive phases we only want the first matching file to check its format.  There may be folders with many 1000s of files...
Thanks
John