Flume >> mail # user >> flume tail source problem and performance

+
周梦想 2013-01-29, 07:24
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-29, 07:29
+
Jeong-shik Jang 2013-01-29, 07:41
+
周梦想 2013-02-04, 07:27
+
Jeong-shik Jang 2013-02-04, 07:47
+
周梦想 2013-02-04, 08:07
+
Jeong-shik Jang 2013-02-04, 08:13
Re: flume tail source problem and performance

Exactly, It's very easy to write custom source and sink in flume. You can just follow the default source or sink as example. And export as jar file to the lib folder of flume. Then you can configure your own source or sink in flume conf file.
Best Regards
Guo Wei
On 2013-2-4, at 下午4:13, Jeong-shik Jang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> -JS
>
> On 2/4/13 5:07 PM, 周梦想 wrote:
>> Hi JS,
>>
>> Thank you for your reply. So there is big shortness of collect log using flume. can I write my own agent to send logs  via  thrift protocol directly to collector server?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Andy Zhou
>>

>> 2013/2/4 Jeong-shik Jang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> 1. "startFromEnd=true" in your source configuration means data missing can happen at restart in tail side because flume will ignore any data event generated during restart and start at the end all the time.
>> 2. With agentSink, data duplication can happen due to ack delay from master or at agent restart.
>>
>> I think it is why Flume-NG doesn't support tail any more but does let user handle using script or program; tailing is a tricky job.
>>
>> My suggestion is to use agentBEChain in agent tier, and DFO in collector tier; you can still lose some data during failover at failure.
>> To minimize loss and duplication, implementing checkpoint function in tail also can help.
>>
>> Having monitoring system to detecting failure is very important as well, so that you can notice failure and do recovering reaction quickly.
>>
>> -JS
>>

>> On 2/4/13 4:27 PM, 周梦想 wrote:
>>> Hi  JS,
>>> We can't accept agentBESink. Because this logs are important for data analysis, we can't make any errors of the data. losing data, duplication are all not acceptable.
>>> one agent's configure is :
>>> tail("H:/game.log", startFromEnd=true) agentSink("hadoop48", 35853)
>>> every time this windows agent restart, it will resend all the data to collector server.
>>> if some reason we restart the agent node, we can't get the mark of log where the agent have sent.
>>>

>>> 2013/1/29 Jeong-shik Jang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> Hi Andy,
>>>
>>> As you set startFromEnd option true, resend might be caused by DFO mechanism (agentDFOSink); when you restart flume node in DFO mode, all events in different stages(logged, writing, sending and so on) rolls back to logged stage, which means resending and duplication.
>>>
>>> And, for better performance, you may want to use agentBESink instead of agentDFOSink.
>>> I recommend to use agentBEChain for failover in case of failure in collector tier if you have multiple collectors.
>>>
>>> -JS
>>>

>>> On 1/29/13 4:29 PM, Alexander Alten-Lorenz wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> you could use tail -F, but this depends on the external source. Flume hasn't control about. You can write your own script and include this.
>>>
>>> What's the content of:
>>> /tmp/flume/agent/agent*.*/ - directories? Are sent and sending clean?
>>>
>>> - Alex
>>>
>>> On Jan 29, 2013, at 8:24 AM, 周梦想 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> 1. I want to tail a log source and write it to hdfs. below is configure:
>>> config [ag1, tail("/home/zhouhh/game.log",startFromEnd=true),
>>> agentDFOSink("hadoop48",35853) ;]
>>> config [ag2, tail("/home/zhouhh/game.log",startFromEnd=true),
>>> agentDFOSink("hadoop48",35853) ;]
>>> config [co1, collectorSource( 35853 ),  [collectorSink(
>>> "hdfs://hadoop48:54310/user/flume/%y%m/%d","%{host}-",5000,raw),collectorSink(
>>> "hdfs://hadoop48:54310/user/flume/%y%m","%{host}-",10000,raw)]]
>>>

>>> I found if I restart the agent node, it will resend the content of game.log
>>> to collector. There are some solutions to send logs from where I haven't
>>> sent before? Or I have to make a mark myself or remove the logs manually
>>> when restart the agent node?
>>>
>>> 2. I tested performance of flume, and found it's a bit slow.
+
周梦想 2013-02-06, 02:47
+
周梦想 2013-02-04, 07:33
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-02-04, 07:39