HDFS >> mail # user >> Seq File write from HDFS Client

Seq File write from HDFS Client
Hi,
I am trying to write data to Seq File from hdfs client on a box outside of
HDFS.

When I create a Sequence.Write output object in a java program running on
this box, can I call output.append(key, value) from this program even though
I created object on HDFS ?

Basically I was trying to found out how this would work ? Would it be
appended to the output file and written to hdfs once I close the file or it
would write to HDFS as and when I append a (key, value) to it ?
Thanks,
JJ