Flume, mail # user - HDFS Sink log rotation on the basis of time of writing

Re: HDFS Sink log rotation on the basis of time of writing
Pankaj Gupta 2012-11-05, 15:49
Hi Brock,

But then if I rotate frequently e.g. every minute, the total number of files in a single folder of HDFS will go into thousands very quickly. I am not sure how/if that will affect HDFS namenode performance and I worry that it may suffer. I don't have a lot of experience with HDFS, do you happen to know if having thousands of files in a single directory in HDFS is common?

Thanks,
Pankaj