HBase >> mail # dev >> How to upgrade HBase from 0.90.5 to 0.94

+
幻风 2013-01-15, 12:47
+
Mickey 2013-01-17, 09:00
Re: How to upgrade HBase from 0.90.5 to 0.94
With the version gap I don't think bulk load can be used directly.

Do the two clusters have same set of tables ?
Is the 0.90 cluster serving write load actively ?

Thanks

On Jan 17, 2013, at 1:00 AM, Mickey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks, Ted.
> If I have another cluster already installed with hbase 0.94.4, can I
> migrate the data from the original hbase 0.90 cluster to the new cluster?
> Is it possible to do something like bulk load?
>
> Best regards,
> Mickey
>
> 2013/1/15 Ted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> You can upgrade to 0.92.2 first, followed by upgrade to 0.94.4
>>
>> Please consider upgrading Hadoop to 1.0.4 as well
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Jan 15, 2013, at 4:47 AM, 幻风 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, everybody,
>>>
>>> I want to upgrade a HBase cluster from 0.90.5 to 0.94. The cluster has
>>> about 50 nodes and the hadoop version is 0.20.2.
>>> Is there an easy way to do it? Shutdown is acceptable and what I really
>>> care is the safety of the data.
>>> Hope for your suggestions.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mickey