HBase, mail # user - Regions in transition

Re: Regions in transition
Samir Ahmic 2013-02-08, 07:08
Hi, Kiran

Welcome to beautiful world of HBase transition states :) . When i face
RIT issue this are steps that i use to resolve it:

1. hbase hbck -fixAssignments (this depends on your version of hbase
it can be also just -fix)

If you don't have luck with 1. then you will need manual intervention:
Remove hbase znodes from zookeeper (use hbase zkcli) and options rmr
(or delete ) /hbase, and then restart cluster.

This should help you resolve RITs.

Regards