Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Curator, a ZooKeeper Recipe Proposal

Re: Curator, a ZooKeeper Recipe Proposal
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Jordan Zimmerman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> >I wonder if it really makes sense to deprecate the current ones in
> >favor of Curator's, or if it is a better idea to keep multiple
> >versions in the case of duplicates.
>
> I thought that that would be confusing. My thinking is that most people
> are going to get ZooKeeper because they need to do X (locking, leader,
> etc.). They won't spend a lot of time learning the internals and will just
> search for the recipe they need. If they see two they'd be uncertain.

This is what Javadoc is for.  If one of the legacy recipes is distinctly
less good than a new one, we should document the distinction and give a
pointer in the javadoc.