HBase >> mail # dev >> hbase-0.92.0 up in maven repository

Re: hbase-0.92.0 up in maven repository
Hi,

Sorry, but I have bad news. I guess pushing the tests artifact did not do
the trick. Although we can see that
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/hbase/hbase/0.92.0/ is populated
by the tests jar, I don't see it in
http://search.maven.org/#browse|1617628244. Also, in Sqoop and Hive, the
configuration :

   <dependency org="org.apache.hbase" name="hbase"
      rev="${hbase.version}" conf="hbase->default">
      <artifact name="hbase" type="jar"/>
      <artifact name="hbase" type="test-jar" ext="jar"
m:classifier="tests"/>

does not fetch the actual tests jar but fetches the normal jar. So sqoop
out of the box does not compile.

Eniss-MacBook-Pro:sqoop$ md5sum
build/ivy/lib/sqoop/hadoop23test/hbase-0.92.0.jar
6cfa1bd84e00f8050f8d5dad59789e85
build/ivy/lib/sqoop/hadoop23test/hbase-0.92.0.jar
Eniss-MacBook-Pro:sqoop$ md5sum
build/ivy/lib/sqoop/hadoop23test/hbase-0.92.0-tests.jar
6cfa1bd84e00f8050f8d5dad59789e85
build/ivy/lib/sqoop/hadoop23test/hbase-0.92.0-tests.jar

My uneducated guess would be that the parent hbase pom in maven repo was
not updated, so it does not know about the tests jar, which is deployed
later. But would be glad if anybody can shed some light.

Thanks,
Enis