Hive >> mail # user >> Hive 0.7.1 with MySQL 5.5 as metastore

+
Venkatesh Kavuluri 2012-11-05, 23:21
Re: Hive 0.7.1 with MySQL 5.5 as metastore
Moving underlying data files around is not the correct way to perform
an upgrade.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/upgrading-from-previous-series.html

I would do a mysqldump and then re-insert the data for maximum comparability.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 6:21 PM, Venkatesh Kavuluri
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am working on copying existing Hive metadata (Hive 0.7.1 with MySQL 5.1)
> to a new cluster environment (Hive 0.7.1 with MySQL 5.5). I copied over the
> metastore tables and modified the data under SDS (sub-directories) table to
> reflect the new data path. However I am getting MySQL integrity constraint
> violation against SDS.SD_ID column while trying to create new Hive tables.
> Is this a problem with the MySQL version I am using ? Does Hive 0.7.1
> support MySQL 5.5 as the metastore.
>
> Thanks,
> Venkatesh
+