Pig, mail # user - Create hive tables dynamically from pig script

+
Swaroop Patra 2013-09-26, 06:49
Re: Create hive tables dynamically from pig script
Ruslan Al-Fakikh 2013-09-26, 10:47
Probably you'll need Pig embedding:
http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.11.1/cont.html
For doing some logic that is not MapReduce and depends on you Pig's output.
For loading data to the created tables, you can take a look at HCatalog,
though I am not sure whether your very old version of the Hadoop distro
supports it:(

Thanks