HBase >> mail # user >> status of bin/rename_table.rb

status of bin/rename_table.rb
Hi folks,

Does anyone have a good working process for renaming tables?  From the
links below, I gather that the bin/rename_table.rb (last included in
0.90.x) had a few issues.

http://search-hadoop.com/m/TVnYN1OEdOT/Hbase%253A+Table+rename&subj=renaming+table
http://search-hadoop.com/m/uAfm51RZCl42/Hbase%253A+Table+rename&subj=Hbase+Table+rename

I tried rename_table.rb a few times with some of our larger tables and
did have some issues with .META., but it's not clear to me if these
issues were caused by rename_table or not.

Norbert