Flume, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] Feature bloat and contrib module

Re: [DISCUSS] Feature bloat and contrib module
Israel Ekpo 2013-12-16, 20:17
I have created a JIRA Brainstorming task to track this.

I think it will be very helpful for us to collect our thoughts on the JIRA
ticket for future references.

I think this is a very important topic.

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Ashish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Quick question before I put down my thoughts. What does "core Flume"
> represents? Is it the current Flume trunk structure or just few modules?
>

> On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 5:51 AM, Hari Shreedharan <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > Over the past few weeks, there were some discussions about including
> > additional features in core flume itself. This led to a discussion about
> > adding a contrib module. I thought I’d start an official discussion
> > regarding this. The argument for contrib module was that there are too
> many
> > components without generic use which are getting submitted/committed. The
> > use-cases for such components  are limited, and hence they should not be
> > part of core flume itself. First, we should answer the question if we
> want
> > to separate components into a contrib module and why? What components go
> > into contrib and what into core flume? What does it mean to be make a
> > component part of the contrib module. Do contrib components get released
> > with Flume? Can they break compatibility with older versions (what does
> > this mean if they are not getting released?) etc. How supported are
> these?
> >
> > Please respond and let us know your view!
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Hari
> >

> --
> thanks
> ashish

°O°
"Good Enough" is not good enough.
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.
Quality First. Measure Twice. Cut Once.
http://www.israelekpo.com/