HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: some questions about HA and secondary name node

Re: some questions about HA and secondary name node
Hi,

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 7:03 AM, ch huang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi,all :
>   i have two questions ,hope any one can answer for me
> 1, if i use 2name nodes for HA ,the secondary name node still need?

With HA setup, you do not need to run the SecondaryNameNode daemon.

> 2,the secondary name node use to merge fsimage and edits file,if secondary
> name node is not needed for HA ,what if the name node edits file become very
> long?

The Standby state NameNode automatically behaves as a checkpoint
service. Therefore, just ensure its liveliness and it will continue to
checkpoint your cluster fine.

--
Harsh J