Hadoop, mail # user - how to get the time of a hadoop cluster, v0.20.2

+
Jane Wayne 2013-05-14, 14:41
+
Niels Basjes 2013-05-14, 15:38
Re: how to get the time of a hadoop cluster, v0.20.2
Jane Wayne 2013-05-14, 15:46
niels,

i'm not familiar with the native java spi. spi = service provider
interface? could you let me know if this spi is part of the hadoop
api? if so, which package/class?

but yes, all nodes on the cluster are using NTP to synchronize time.
however, the server (which is not a part of the hadoop cluster)
accessing/interfacing with the hadoop cluster cannot be assumed to be
using NTP. will this still make a difference? and actually, this is
the primary reason why i need to get the date/time of the hadoop
cluster (need to check if the date/time of the hadooop cluster is in
sync with the server).

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Niels Basjes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If you have all nodes using NTP then you can simply use the native Java SPI
> to get the current system time.
>

> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Jane Wayne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> hi all,
>>
>> is there a way to get the current time of a hadoop cluster via the
>> api? in particular, getting the time from the namenode or jobtracker
>> would suffice.
>>
>> i looked at JobClient but didn't see anything helpful.

> Niels Basjes
+
Niels Basjes 2013-05-14, 21:09
+