Hadoop >> mail # user >> how to get the time of a hadoop cluster, v0.20.2

Re: how to get the time of a hadoop cluster, v0.20.2
niels,

i'm not familiar with the native java spi. spi = service provider
interface? could you let me know if this spi is part of the hadoop
api? if so, which package/class?

but yes, all nodes on the cluster are using NTP to synchronize time.
however, the server (which is not a part of the hadoop cluster)
accessing/interfacing with the hadoop cluster cannot be assumed to be
using NTP. will this still make a difference? and actually, this is
the primary reason why i need to get the date/time of the hadoop
cluster (need to check if the date/time of the hadooop cluster is in
sync with the server).