Accumulo, mail # dev - One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?

+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 15:23
+
Christopher 2013-03-06, 19:57
+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 21:29
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-06, 21:53
+
Christopher 2013-03-06, 22:57
+
David Medinets 2013-03-07, 01:49
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-06, 20:18
+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 20:20
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 15:44
+
John Vines 2013-03-07, 15:49
Re: One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 15:57
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:49 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been getting unnecessary merge conflicts because of this change. At
> the very least, I would like to see it reverted until we release 1.5

Or maybe make the change after 1.5.1.  Based on past experience, there
will likely be a good bit of merge activity from 1.5 to 1.6 until at
least the first 1.5 bug fix release.

Curious, how much extra time do this add to merging for you?  I do not
have a good feeling for how well this will be handled automatically.
Did it cause conflicts for most of the edits you made in 1.5?

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM, David Medinets
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > I have a free day due to snowfall and while this is a fairly silly
>> > rule, writing a short script to rule all the java files through sed
>> > should be fairly painless. As part of this change, I will commit a
>> > one-rule checkstyle.xml file which just runs this 'no spaces at end of
>> > line' rule. Over time, more rules can be added to that align with the
>> > Accumulo community's style guidelines.
>> >
>> > Any objection?
>>
>> Whats the benefit of doing this?  How will it impact merges from 1.5
>> to 1.6?  Should this be done for thrift generated code?

+
John Vines 2013-03-07, 16:01
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-07, 16:20