Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Incubator report due by July 4th

+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-06-29, 02:50
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-29, 05:44
+
Bernd Fondermann 2012-06-29, 06:05
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-30, 06:40
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-07-02, 03:49
+
Chris Douglas 2012-07-02, 21:14
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-07-03, 04:19
+
Eric Yang 2012-07-03, 06:19
+
Chris Douglas 2012-07-05, 19:50
+
Alan D. Cabrera 2012-07-05, 20:19
+
Chris Douglas 2012-07-06, 23:52
+
Bernd Fondermann 2012-07-08, 09:21
+
Chris Douglas 2012-07-09, 04:54
Re: Incubator report due by July 4th
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 6:54 AM, Chris Douglas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 2:21 AM, Bernd Fondermann
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> If you feel this does not reflect our discussion on the private list,
>> please feel free to correct it, but you did sign the report off back
>> in April.
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2012
>
> The discussion was in June, Bernd. In April, we saw the last release
> as momentum that could pick up development. In June, we concluded that
> retiring the podling was warranted because nothing had changed; if a
> community developed outside the ASF, then we could revive it. The
> report pivoted on information and conclusions that weren't discussed
> with the rest of the PPMC and represented its position as unchanged.

That's not how I see things. There never was a VOTE, and AIUI there
was discussion to do yet another release.

>> There is no cost in waiting for Chukwa to gain more community.
>
> Not indefinitely. This incubation needs to wrap up.

I disagree. There really needs to be no hurry. I've seen other
podlings which where much more dead and are now graduating.

> If patience and
> optimism is rewarded, then that's fantastic, but the rest of the
> PPMC's participation in the last six months has been limited to the +1
> to retire it after a release to establish licensing.
>
> Again, if there's cause to believe that will change presently:
> *great*. But the report is problematic. It claims 5 new contributors,
> but at least two of those were patches on private emails. It claims
> there are no issues for the attention of the IPMC or board, despite
> the undisputed fact that this project is held together by one
> developer right now.

I agree, the reports needs to be written more clearly.

  Bernd
+
Chris Douglas 2012-07-12, 19:29
+